Sunny Peaches & Cream Pie
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or canned sliced peaches
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust; refrigerate until set.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine gelatin and pudding mix; stir in water. Bring just to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly; remove from the heat. Cool 5 minutes.
- Arrange peach slices over filling. Spoon gelatin mixture over peaches. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Grilled Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Taco Pasta Salad
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Catalina salad dressing
- Tortilla chips
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning; cool.
- Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; stir into meat mixture. Add the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onion, green pepper and dressing; toss to coat. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, drain the peaches and reserve juice in a small saucepan. Stir in the sugar and cornstarch until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in peaches.
- Pour into crust. For topping, combine the oats, brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.